Our island offers you great rides through beautiful and varied scenery. No matter if you are looking for tough climbs or rather prefer to take it easy, you can always find the right road for you. In this particular program we follow the stages as they were designed by the Audax Club Parisien. This organisation has existed for more than 100 years and is known for the long distance race "Paris-Brest-Paris". If you make it through all of the planned checkpoints of this program, you will get a medal and a certificate. We are there to look after you and provide the best possible assistance, so you just have to concentrate on your cycling! Be part of the Raid Corsica made by Corsicans!
Your day by day program
From Bastia, the tour begins northwards, around "Cap Corse" (the northern extremity of the island). This is a wonderful undulating coastal road with stunning views of the Mediterranean sea and the islands of Elba and Capri. The main challenge of the day is the Col de la Serra
Night in the picturesque port of St Florent on the south-west side of the Cap.
Distance: around 110 Km
Leaving the bay of St Florent you ride across the 'Desert des Agriates', where an easy climb sets you up for the day (col de Vezzu 311m). After a swift descent, the route takes you along the coast before heading into the Balagne with its typical Corsican villages. After cycling through Calvi, with its superb citadelle, a great coastal road awaits you and leads you to Porto, over the Col de Palmarella. Night in Porto
Distance: around 169 Km
This stage starts with the climb to Piana, through the famous "Calanches" (a UNESCO world heritage site). The route then continues through other incredible scenery including the Spelunca gorge and the Aïtone forest, and then up to the highest Corsican road pass, the Col de Vergio What goes up must come down, and you will have nearly 39km of downhill (including the Scala Santa Regina which is fast and twisty). Finaly, there is one little climb over the Col d'Ominanda (654m) before crossing Corte (396m) and finishing in Venaco.
Night in Venaco.
Distance: around 117 Km
Today you will be heading southwards and after a few warm-up km on the main road, two of the nicest climbs of the week await you; the Col de Sorba and the Col de Verde From there you can enjoy the downhill, through the villages of the upper Taravu-Valley, before riding over the Col St Georges (757m) and up again towards Bastelica (770m).
Night in Ajaccio
Distance: around 172 Km
From the city of Napoleon's birth, the route winds along the coast (over Coti-Chiavari, 486m) until reaching Propriano. After a little loop through the typical village of Sartene (305m), you will follow the main road to Bonifacio (famous for its houses perched precariously on the white cliffs). The last 25 Km of the stage are nearly flat.
Night in Bonifacio.
Distance: around 135 Km
Today's stage is a "road classic". Up to the Ospedale region (forest and lake), over the Col d'Illaratathrough the village of Zonza and up again to the well known Col de BavellaAfter enjoying the great views over the "needles" you will ride down to the east coast until reaching Solenzara. Along the coast the route heads northwards to the ancient Roman city of Aleria.
Night in Aleria.
Distance: around 136 Km
From the largest plain of the island, you will head into the mountains again. More precisely, you will ride through a very authentic area known for its chestnut forests; the Castagniccia. The main climbs are the Col San Gavino (697m), the Col d'Arcarotta (819m) and the Col Sant'AgostinoYou will then ride through some typical villages before reaching the east coast again.
Night in Bastia.
Distance: around 143 Km
After the breakfast the tour ends. The harbour is just a few minutes away and you have about 20 Km to the airport (we can organize a transfer if needed).
|29 April 2018||06 May 2018||~974 £ [1115 €]||4 more persons required||Book|
|06 May 2018||13 May 2018||~974 £ [1115 €]||4 more persons required||Book|
|13 May 2018||20 May 2018||~974 £ [1115 €]||4 more persons required||Book|
|20 May 2018||27 May 2018||~974 £ [1115 €]||2 more persons required||Book|
|27 May 2018||03 June 2018||~974 £ [1115 €]||4 more persons required||Book|
|30 September 2018||07 October 2018||~974 £ [1115 €]||4 more persons required||Book|
|07 October 2018||14 October 2018||~974 £ [1115 €]||4 more persons required||Book|
- Bastia, at the "Office du tourisme" (square St Nicolas), on Sunday at 11.00 a.m.
- Bastia. After breakfast.
- Nights in hotels 2 and 3*** with double or twin rooms.
- From 6 participants
- For trained road cyclists. Daily stages from 100 Km to 180 Km, with some steep climbs (up to around 10% on some sections).
- We transfer your luggage from one hotel to the other.
- Single room : 250€
- June / September departures : 70€
- June / September single room : 330€
- Aluminium road bike rental (triple crankset) - SPECIALIZED Secteur Sport : 170€
- Aluminium road bike rental (compact crankset) - TREK Domane AL3 2018 : 190€
- Carbon road bike rental (V-brake) - LOOK 566 Ultegra : 220€
- Carbon road Bike rental (Disc brake) - TREK Emonda SL6 2018 : 270€
- GPS rental : 70€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- All picnics and dinners from picnic lunch on day 1 to dinner on day 7 (except dinner in Ajaccio), all breakfasts. The luggage transfer between hotels. Assistance (driver + vehicle) during the entire tour. 7 nights in 2** and 3*** stars hotels in double/twin rooms.
- The transfer to the starting point of the tour, and the transfer after the tour. Unplanned transfers. Dinner in Ajaccio. Optional activities. The bike rental. Possible repair costs. Personal spending.
Corsica by road bike - gîte version with assistance
Corsica - Guided road cycling - 6 days / 5 nights