Piedmont is a generous and friendly land in the North of Italy. You will find here quiet roads in green landscapes surrounded by imposing mountains or sweet hills, the signs of a centuries-old culture and, last but not least, great wines and a refined gastronomy.
Your day by day program
You have the possibility to make a short round trip in the centre; overnight in town.
In Venaria you will cycle inside the great regional park “La Mandria”, former game preserve of Savoia including their wonderful castle and the stables. Bussoleno is a delicious mountain village with its typical stone roofs and houses; cycling almost always downhills you can reach Susa where you find interesting roman ruins and at last you come to Avigliana. You could visit the two delightful lakes of Avigliana included in a natural park and the medieval centre of the village.
Today we cycle at the foot of the Western Alps, a short climb leads us to Trana, then the path continues up
through some small villages up to Pinerolo, along the way we may stop to visit the Museum of Taste in
Frossasco. Overnight in the delicious Pinerolo, where in the past there was one of the most famous schools
of cavalry in Italy.
About 40 km
A very intensive day including Cavour with its “Rocca”, an alluvial hill 200 meters high -you can reach the top by foot- in the middle of the plain; the abbey of Staffarda, one of the most important religious residences in Piedmont; al last you come to Saluzzo, beautiful small town with its medieval centre placed on the top of a hill.
About 45 km
Left Saluzzo behind you, in short you come to Savigliano with its interesting historical centre and then you begin the approaching - light uphills - to the hills of Langhe covered by vineyards giving some of the best Italian wines, like Barolo, Barbera, Dolcetto... In the late afternoon you reach Bra, delightful small town renowned for its gastronomy and, of course, for its wines.
About 65 km
Interesting village with a roman amphitheatre where the Savoia built some monuments in neogotic style. Not far from here stands Alba with its medieval towers, famous all over the world for its “Fiera del Tartufo” (gastronomic fair -taking place in October- where truffles and other gastronomic specialties are exposed). In Racconigi you can visit the residence of the Savoia-Carignano dynasty; this castle is surrounded by a wonderful park; don’t miss the interesting historical centre of the village
About 30 km
Cycling along the Po inside the river park, you come to Moncalieri with its castle, another Savoia residence. At last, always along the Po, you reach Turin, noble town with an important past. We recommend a short tour through the centre by night.
About 45 km
In the morning, after the breakfast, it's time for departure. The end of this trip.
Every day from March to October (minimum 2 people)
- At your arrvial at the hotel in Turin.
- In the morning of the 8th day, after the breakfast in your hotel in Turin.
- accommodation in 3 star & 4 star hotel in Bed and Breakfast
- 2 people minimum
- Easy; some dirt patches in fairly good conditions
- Baggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Single room supplement : 185€
- Half board supplement : 145€
- Rental bike (24-speed bike with free-wheel + 1 pannier bag & 1 tool kit) : 80€
- Rental E-bike (+ 1 pannier bag) : 160€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- · accommodation in 3 star & 4 star hotel
- · bed & breakfast buffet
- · optional booking of half-board is possible (three-course dinner menu).
- · luggage transport
- · travel documents (route description, maps, tips for sightseeing,..)
- · parking place in Torino (€ 10 per day)
- · Trip to/from Turin
- · lunches & diners
- · tips
- · personal extras
- · everything not specified under the voice “the rate include”